I cooked up cabbage because of what you said, but I never got around to cooking potatoes. So, two days after St. Patrick's Day, I added lentils, spices, and hotdog slices. It was yummy, but my husband and I were both glad yesterday that we finally finished up the last bit of our St. Patrick's Day cabbage goulash. We celebrated by cooking beans and rice. Yummy!
we do crazy hair day- (but oops kind of laid low this year) lots of green the kids set out a leprachan trap and get a little visit from him- he leaves lucky charms -(the only time we got those!) lots of green stuff-
I do find that a little cabbage goes a looong way for us, as well.
I love the idea of crazy hair day -we could even do that for April Fool's Day! Everyone loves the Leprechaun trap idea. It would be a good way to up our Lucky Charms intake since we get that about once every ten years.
Even though I don't have one lick of Irish in me, I grew up eating this Irish Soda Bread recipe at my best friend's house every year. I finally got a copy of the recipe last month and made it myself. It's so yummy!
4 cups all purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp cream of tartar 1 tsp salt 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter, melted 3/4 cup raisins 1 1/2 cup buttermilk, plus extra for glazing
Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together or sift dry ingredients. Add butter, raisins, and buttermilk. Mix well making a soft, moist dough. Dust with flour as needed, and knead 3-4 minutes until firm. Shape into 2 loaves. Moisten tops with buttermilk and score each with large X, and dust with flour. Place on buttered and floured baking sheet and bake 1 hour. You may cover with foil if tops brown too quickly.
4 comments:
I cooked up cabbage because of what you said, but I never got around to cooking potatoes. So, two days after St. Patrick's Day, I added lentils, spices, and hotdog slices. It was yummy, but my husband and I were both glad yesterday that we finally finished up the last bit of our St. Patrick's Day cabbage goulash. We celebrated by cooking beans and rice. Yummy!
we do crazy hair day- (but oops kind of laid low this year) lots of green
the kids set out a leprachan trap and get a little visit from him- he leaves lucky charms -(the only time we got those!) lots of green stuff-
I do find that a little cabbage goes a looong way for us, as well.
I love the idea of crazy hair day -we could even do that for April Fool's Day! Everyone loves the Leprechaun trap idea. It would be a good way to up our Lucky Charms intake since we get that about once every ten years.
Thanks for the fun ideas for tradition-making!
Even though I don't have one lick of Irish in me, I grew up eating this Irish Soda Bread recipe at my best friend's house every year. I finally got a copy of the recipe last month and made it myself. It's so yummy!
4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup raisins
1 1/2 cup buttermilk, plus extra for glazing
Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together or sift dry ingredients. Add butter, raisins, and buttermilk. Mix well making a soft, moist dough. Dust with flour as needed, and knead 3-4 minutes until firm. Shape into 2 loaves. Moisten tops with buttermilk and score each with large X, and dust with flour. Place on buttered and floured baking sheet and bake 1 hour. You may cover with foil if tops brown too quickly.
Post a Comment