Thursday, November 7, 2013

Saying YES!

I love it when I get to say, YES, to my little darlings.  Like the rest of humanity, they are impulsive and prefer their gratification to be instant whenever possible.  The hottest movie ticket at our house is currently The Adventures of Tintin.  That means all things Tintin are desirable to the point of fixation.    What is Mom to do when the light of her dear ones' hearts changes weekly?  "Mom, can I have a [fill in the licensed character du jour]?"  "YES!"

This is my solution.  We make our own.  They tend to last as long as the celebrity crush, but if not, are easily replaced.

Step 1:  Print favorite characters
Step 2:  Color


Step 3:  Glue onto sturdy cardboard (this is the inside of a cereal box)
Step 4:  DIY laminate with packing tape (optional)  I opted out this time.  


Step 5:  Play



Play



Play


Note:  This has worked for Disney's Cars, Shaun the Sheep, Angry Birds, and Dr. Who

2 comments:

SumGreater said...

Awesome. If people of years gone by had printers, they would have made all their own paper dolls as well.

Urban Tangerine said...

Paper dolls were probably my subconscious inspiration for this. Shaun the Sheep was probably my favorite because we printed off a mask for Torpedo and cut holes in a white pillowcase for his head and arms. He wore that thing everywhere like a sad little Dobby. But he was so happy.