Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 3

Day 3

The morning of day 3 began very early with Eli puking in his sleep. It was a good night to have a suite, so I could take him in the other room to take care of him. He threw up a couple of times that morning. Since I was up anyway, I got a workout in. At breakfast Eli puked again, but this time in front of the entire hotel population...which is always good. We didn't manage to make any new friends that morning. ;) Erik and the girls hit the pool and the gym while Eli took a long nap to sleep off his escapades that morning. When he puked again in the car, Erik created a puke-poncho for him out of one of our big white garbage bags. Eli hated it, but forgot to notice it while watching CARS. Did I mention Eli has PADD? Pixar Attention Deficit Disorder. He can't pay attention to anything else when a Pixar movie is playing. And if he goes into Pixar deficiency the volume and duration of his tantrums increase. It's an illness.

Speaking of illness, by that evening I was nauseous. Cheyenne seemed a million miles away, but we were grateful for good driving conditions all the way. By the time we arrived, we exploded out of the car. Eli's diaper was so pungent and everyone needed to use the bathroom. We parked next to the back entrance and ended up on a wild goose chase up and down sets of stairs trying to find our room. When we finally got in, we all said, "Where's Lily?!" Ooops! We had left her strapped into the car. Fortunately, she was wearing her snowsuit and we were in Cheyenne...which is a big city in Wyoming, but a pretty sleepy town all things considered. Erik raced out to retrieve the baby and we were all together again.

I started a bath for Eli who needed a full body scrub down. It wasn't a great chore for someone who was nauseous anyway, but maybe that's what helped push me over the vomit edge and on the way to feeling better. We decided we weren't all that hungry and skipped dinner all together. After a little tussle over the t.v. remote we wore ourselves out and went to sleep.

No comments: