...and down Provo canyon to Grandmother's house. Hooray! By Saturday we were all well enough to rejoin civilization. I took the kids to Grandma's and my brother was there as a bonus. We hadn't seen Uncle J since well before his mission to Sweden. He got home at Thanksgiving and surprised us all January 3 with 24 hours notice of his impending marriage! So, he got to meet Torpedo and Mermaid for the first time. Our new aunt/sister-in-law wasn't around so we'd have to wait one more day to meet her.
We raced back up the canyon for dinner with the amazing Brown family (you may know Jared and Linda.... same super family). With 13 happy children (12 I can personally identify now), they are definitely a family we admire. While we were there I garnered one of their secrets to happy living: Have fun! That's just what we did. The girls did some serious sledding and then played games with their three youngest while My Hero and I talked ourselves hoarse. We'll catch up with them again before we head home.
No comments:
Post a Comment